Asking Price: €90,000
For sale subject to planning ……
This elevated 0.94 acre building plot is positioned just 5 mins from both Milford and Ramelton. Enjoying stunning views over lake the site is being sold subject to planning. It should be noted that the council will only permit planning to those who are from this area and who are building as a principle family home.
Stronger Rural Areas
It is a policy of the council that they consider proposals from prospective applicants in need of housing within an area defined as Stronger Rural Area, , where the applicant can demonstrate that they comply with one or more of the following;
• Persons whose primary employment is in a rural based activity with a demonstrated genuine need to live in the locality of that employment base e.g agriculture, forestry
• Persons with a vital link to the rural area by reason of having lived in this community for a substantial period of their lives (7 years minimum), or by the existence in the rural area of long established ties (7 years minimum) with immediate family members, or by reason of providing care to a person who is an existing resident (7 years minimum)
• Persons who for exceptional health circumstances can demonstrate a genuine need to reside in a particular rural location
Please note; the policy shall not apply where an individual has already had the benefit of a permission for a dwelling on another site, unless exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated.
New holiday home developments will not be permitted in these areas.
- Residential building plot
- For sale subject to planning
- 0.94 acres
- Stunning views over lake
- Just 5 mins from Ramelton & Milford
- Zoned ‘Stronger rural area’
From Ramelton proceed in the direction of Milford and turn right at the sharp bend signposted Ray.
Proceed along this road for approximately 750 and take the first right turn after the lake. The site will then be found after 200 m on the left hand side just after a property with entrance pillars and gates
The Mall on the River Lennon offers a limited range of shops including a mini supermarket, chemist, etc. whilst c.4 miles in the direction of Milford there is a well patronised Lidl Supermarket.
The name Ramelton derives from the Irish name Ráth Mealtain which means ‘The Fort of Mealtain’. It is a Bord Failte designated Heritage Town on the banks of the River Lennon. The old warehouses at the end of The Mall are amongst the most fascinating buildings in Donegal. They formed the backdrop for the highly acclaimed BBC Television Series ‘The Hanging Gale’.
The town now has its own park and tennis club plus a good range of local shops. The famous ‘Bridge Bar’ is a renowned music venue and has its own restaurant. Easy access is afforded to the coastal areas of Rathmullan, Portsalon and Dunfanaghy (each around 15 minutes distant). Letterkenny, the county’s principal town is just 12 -15 minutes away. Local schools include Drumman N.S., St. Marys N.S., Ayr Hill N.S. and Scoil Naomh Cholmcille.
Franklins property details are intended as a guide only and do not form part of a contract, nor are they guaranteed. Buyers should satisfy themselves as to any information contained therein, measurements, structural condition and boundaries. Franklins are not chartered surveyors. Prospective buyers are recommended to employ their own surveyor/architect for independent guidance and advice.