Asking Price: €80,000
Greenan, Lough Eske – €80,000
Magnificent private sylvan site with lough view (c.0.8 acre)
A rare opportunity to acquire a wonderful site in this sought-after location with high quality neighbouring homes. Both Harveys Point and Solis Lough Eske hotels are nearby and Donegal Town is accessible in around 10 minutes. The site is zoned ‘Stronger Rural Area’ as defined below. Planning permission was granted in June 2022 and is valid until June 2027.
Stronger Rural Areas
It is a policy of the council that they consider proposals from prospective applicants in need of housing within an area defined as Stronger Rural Area, , where the applicant can demonstrate that they comply with one or more of the following;
- Persons whose primary employment is in a rural based activity with a demonstrated genuine need to live in the locality of that employment base e.g. agriculture, forestry
- Persons with a vital link to the rural area by reason of having lived in this community for a substantial period of their lives (7 years minimum), or by the existence in the rural area of long established ties (7 years minimum) with immediate family members, or by reason of providing care to a person who is an existing resident (7 years minimum)
- Persons who for exceptional health circumstances can demonstrate a genuine need to reside in a particular rural location
Please note; the policy shall not apply where an individual has already had the benefit of a permission for a dwelling on another site, unless exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated.
New holiday home developments will not be permitted in these areas.
The proposed accommodation is arranged as follows;
Entrance Porch; 2.20m x 1.20m
Entrance Hall; 4.30m x 2.60m
Living Room; 5.00m x 4.00m
Kitchen/Dining Room; 7.70m x 3.60m
Utility Room; 3.30m x 2.50m
Cloakroom/WC; 2.50m x 1.60m
Rear Porch; 2.20m x 1.20m
Bedroom 3; 3.70m x 3.60m
En-Suite; 1.60m x 1.30m
Stairs to first floor;
Landing; 2.80m x 1.10m door to hotpress
Bedroom 1; 4.50m x 3.60m
Bedroom 2; 4.50m x 3.60m
Bathroom; 2.80m x 1.80m
- C. 0.8 acre site
- Full planning permission
- Magnificent lough view
- Zoned ‘Stronger Rural Area’
- Planning valid until July 2027
- Planning ref no 22/50976
- No holiday homes permitted
- Section 47 Restrictions apply
Proceeding towards Donegal Town from the Ballybofey direction follow the signs for the Lough Eske Drive/Harveys Point Hotel. From Harvey’s point exit the car park and turn left, continue for half a mile passing the Lough on the left to the next junction and turn right, continue on this road for approximately 1.5 miles baring right at the fork in the road, the site will then be found on the right after a further 7 or 8 hundred metres identified by our for sale sign.
The comprehensive shopping, sporting and recreational amenities of Donegal Town are accessible in just over 5 minutes by car. In the opposite direction the ever popular McElhinneys Department Store in Ballybofey is about 10 – 12 minutes away. Letterkenny, the county’s principal town, is about 45 minutes by car.
Franklins property details are intended as a guide only and do not form part of a contract, nor are they guaranteed. Buyers should satisfy themselves as to any information contained therein, measurements, structural condition and boundaries. Franklins are not chartered surveyors. Prospective buyers are recommended to employ their own surveyor/architect for independent guidance and advice.