Asking Price: €185,000
Appealing historic house of c.250 sq metres with commercial potential in the heart of this attractive Leitrim town
The property was originally built c.1820 by Lord Tottenham and the outbuildings were formerly used for bottling Guinness. The substantial accommodation comprises to the ground floor a generously proportioned living room, dining room, kitchen and utility area whilst to the first floor there are 4/5 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms. The present owner has maintained the property well in recent years however most buyers would look now to some updating. A fine property with great potential in a very scenic location.
The accommodation is arranged as follows;
Front door with Georgian fanlight leading to;
Entrance Hall; 3.82m x 2.12m original parquet floor, glazed door to rear hall area, double doors to;
Living Room; 7.20m x 4.45m double aspect, cornice to ceiling, fitted curtains, telephone point, carpet flooring
Dining Room; 4.70m x 4.01m double aspect, cornice to ceiling, mahogany & tiled fireplace with electric fire point, tv point, carpet flooring
Rear Hall Area; Tiled floor, cupboard with plumbing for washing machine, half glazed door to outside, door to;
Kitchen; 5.43m x 2.43m comprehensive range of oak wall & base units, stainless steel sink unit, 4 ring gas hob unit with extractor canopy over, integrated electric double oven, recess for dishwasher, tiled floor
Staircase to first floor;
Landing; 7.32m x 2.16m double aspect, high quality curtains
Bedroom 1; 3.85m x 3.00m (front) double aspect overlooking Market Street, fitted double wardrobe, carpet flooring, door to;
En-Suite; Half tiled walls, tiled floor, white 2 piece suite, fully tiled shower cubicle with electric shower
Bedroom 2; 4.80m x 4.16m (front – currently used as a first floor sitting room) double aspect overlooking Market Street, tiled fireplace, cornice to ceiling, fitted curtains, carpet flooring
Bedroom 3; 4.24m x 3.30m (rear) range of built in double wardrobes, double doors to hotpress, carpet flooring
Cloakroom/WC; White 2 piece suite, tiled splashback
Bedroom 4; 3.73m x 2.70m fitted curtains, built in double wardrobe, carpet flooring
Bedroom 5; 3.83m x 3.43m range of built in double wardrobes, carpet flooring
Bathroom; Half tiled walls, tiled floor, white 3 piece suite, corner shower cubicle with power shower, fitted medicine cabinet
Outside; Tarmac drive to side of property with sufficient car parking for 4 – 5 vehicles, entrance to rear courtyard area. Rear garden laid to lawn, tiled patio area, door to side entrance, high local stone retaining wall giving complete privacy, door to storage shed/boiler room with modern central heating boiler, door to;
Outbuildings; (Formerly used as a Guinness bottling plant & now provide potential for redevelopment for many commercial uses) In 3 sections totalling c.250 – 300 sq metres, average ceiling – main area ceiling height c.15 ft, corrugated roof, concrete floor, sliding side door to concrete yard with uncovered hardstanding, retaining wall c.10 ft height providing complete privacy, one set of wrought iron sliding doors with access to side road
- Prominent location
- Substantial outbuildings
- 4/5 bedrooms
- White pvc double glazing
- Oil fired central heating
Proceeding from the Donegal direction, approaching Ballyshannon take the turning signposted Enniskillen/Belleek. Continue into Belleek turning right past the Topaz Filling Station on the left signposted to Garrison. Continue through Garrison/Melvin to the mini roundabout turning left signposted to Kilticlogher and the village is then just a few minutes’ drive. On entering the village the property is easily identified in the centre of the town on a prominent corner position.
Kiltyclogher is a small picturesque village situated in north eastern Leitrim along the R281 Route on the border with County Fermanagh in an area of outstanding natural beauty; there are several walks and lakes for fishing. The village was founded as a market town by Charles Henry Tottenham in 1828, near the place where his daughter Sarah was killed in a hunting accident. Tottenham had the wide streets laid and the first four corner houses built, including the fine Market House with its inscription C.H.T. Sarahville 1831. Kiltyclogher hosts a traditional music weekend in the month of August as well as a drama festival held during a week in March each year.
Manorhamilton, the principal town in North Leitrim, is a 15 minute drive away and offers a comprehensive range of shopping, sporting and recreational amenities as wells schools and churches for all denominations.
Franklins property details are intended as a guide only and do not form part of a contract, nor are they guaranteed. Buyers should satisfy themselves as to any information contained therein, measurements, structural condition and boundaries. Franklins are not chartered surveyors. Prospective buyers are recommended to employ their own surveyor/architect for independent guidance and advice.
The Corner House, Market Street, Kilticlogher, Co Leitrim