Privacy & Cookies
Data Protection: A person’s fundamental right to privacy
Personal Data: Data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the data controller
Franklins are committed to protecting the personal data of our clients – we do not share data with third parties (outside of our third party essential service providers) without the prior express consent of our clients. All personal data obtained and processed is done so with the consent of our clients.
Franklins provide services relating to property, we will only contact you in relation to property information which we believe meets your requirements. All communications from Franklins contain a free opt out which allows you to manage how we communicate with you and the information that you wish to receive from us.
If you choose to register for one or more of our property services we may need you to provide us with personal information to allow us to provide that particular service. You may be required to provide the following information;
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Contact telephone number/s
- Information on the service required
In addition to providing this information at the initial point of contact, should you choose to correspond further with us by email or by mobile phone we may retain the content of your communications together with your mobile phone number, email address and our responses as required by the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011 and for the purposes of providing you with the relevant property service.
We will keep your information safe and secure using the following methods;
- All computers and property information systems used by our staff are only accessible using a personal password
- Staff only have access to client information relevant to their job
- All information is securely locked away when the office is closed
- We use a secure, confidential company for document shredding
Franklins have a secure data retention policy in place – your personal data will be retained to allow us to provide you with a better service in the future.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to obtain a copy of your information that we hold – you also have the right to correct any inaccuracies in the information. To correct any inaccuracies please email [email protected] or write to The Compliance Department, Franklins, 23 -26 Academy Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, F92TNW4.
To make a data access request (access to all personal data we hold relating to you) you must;
- Submit a written request to The Compliance Department, Franklins, 23 -26 Academy Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, F92TNW4.
- Include a payment of €10 – payable to Frankins Estate Agents
- Provide proof of identification
We must supply this information within 40 days of receipt of your request.
How the information provided to us is used;
Your personal data supplied to us is retained and processed only for the following reasons;
- In relation to your property relevant to your search/sale/let
- To respond to any queries that you send to us
- To obtain feedback on our services and your dealings with the company
- To provide information on relevant services available to you
- To send you property related bulletins and information
- To send property related text messages where mobile phone numbers have been provided
If you do not wish to receive correspondence by email or text at any stage please email [email protected] using the subject line ‘Opt out of all communications’.
If you have any queries in relation to how we obtain, process, secure or retain your data please contact Franklins Compliance Department on 074 91 88000.
Similar to other commercial websites our website utilises a standard technology called ‘cookies’ and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent on our website and the websites visited just before and after. This information is collected on an aggregate basis and none of it is associated with you as an individual. In no way do we track individual email addresses, usage of web pages or any other information personally identifying you.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies – you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please be aware that some part of our website may not function properly if you decline our cookies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our website. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed as acceptance of those changes.